Preparation Time: 1.5 hour
Cook Time: 25 mins
Yields: 5 Bagels
|Unbleached All Purpose Flour | Maida||1.5 Cups|
|Brown sugar||1 tsp|
|Rapid rise dry yeast||7 gms|
|Luke warm water||1/2 Cup|
|Egg white or Milk||As needed|
|Sesame seeds||For Garnishing|
- Sift All purpose flour in a bowl. Take yeast, salt and brown sugar in a big bowl. Add luke warm water and stir it. Add all purpose flour slowly and prepare a soft dough.
- Knead on a floured surface. Place the dough in greased bowl. Cover it with damp cloth or plastic wrap for about 1 hour till the dough doubles.
- Transfer dough to floured surface and punch down. Knead for a min and divide into 5 equal pieces.Shape into balls and rest it for 5 minutes. Gently flatten the balls and make a hole in centre with your thumb. Place on the floured surface. Cove it with plastic wrap and rest for 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Boil 4 Cups of water and honey in a large pan. When water boils, simmer and add bagels 2 or 3 at a time. Don't over crowd the bagels. Cook for 2 mins and using a spatula turn over and cook for 30 seconds. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper. Place the bagels on the baking sheet, Brush egg white on top of the bagels and sprinkle sesame seeds. Bake for 20-25 mins till bagels turn golden colour. Transfer it to cooling rack.