Preparation Time: 3 hours
Cook Time:25 mins
Yields: 1 Loaf
|All purpose flour | Maida||3 to 3.5 Cups|
|Active Dry Yeast||1.5 tsp|
|Luke warm water||3/4 Cup|
|Unsalted Butter||1.5 tbsp|
- Lightly grease a baking pan. Sift All purpose flour and salt together in a big bowl. Take active dry yeast in a bowl.
- Add luke warm water and mix well. Don't add hot water.
- Add unsalted butter, milk and sugar. Add sifted flour and salt.
- Make a firm dough. If needed add more flour or milk. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough thoroughly and quite hard for 10 minutes. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with clean kitchen towel.
- Leave it at room temperature for 1.5 hours or until doubled in bulk.Punch down the dough and knead the dough for 5 mins.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle 1 inch thick. roll the dough up from one long side and shape it into a square-ended thick baton shape about 13 x 5 inch. Place the dough on the greased baking pan. Plump up by tucking the dough under the sides and ends. Cover and leave it to rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Brush milk or egg white over the bread. Bake it in oven for 20-25 mins or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Add only luke warm water. Yeast will die in hot water.
Knead the dough properly for soft bread.