Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Yields: 28 pieces.
|All purpose flour | Maida||2 Cups|
|Baking soda||1 tsp|
|Unsalted butter||1.5 stick(3/4 Cup)|
|Granulated sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Light Brown sugar||3/4 Cup|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 tbsp|
|Semisweet Chocolate chips||3/4 Cup|
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously butter a 9 by 6 inch baking sheet. Whisk All purpose flour, baking soda and salt in a big bowl.
- Bring butter to room temperature. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar to the butter till it turns light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla essence. Mix till everything is combined. Add this to all purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine all the ingredients and lastly add chocolate chips. Spread dough on baking sheet.
- Bake rotating halfway through until edges are brown and top is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely on baking sheet.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 11/2 by 4 inch bar.
Chocolate chips Cookie bar
- Always use fresh ingredients. Check the expiry date of the ingredients before using it.
- Don't over mix the batter. Follow the directions given in the recipe.
- Once the batter is prepared, immediately put in the Oven.
- For even cooking, always use center rack of the oven.
- Always use accurate measurements in baking.
- Use parchment paper or grease properly the bake ware with nonstick spray or butter.