Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
|Karupatti | Palm Jaggery||1 Cup|
|Rice flour||As needed|
- Prepare jaggery syrup by melting jaggery in 1/2 cup of water. When the jaggery is melted, remove from stove and filter the jaggery syrup to remove impurities.
- when the jaggery syrup is hot, add rice flour and oil to the jaggery syrup. Prepare a soft dough similar to chapati dough.
- Make small balls of lemon size and shape the balls into kozhukattai by pressing between your fingers as shown in picture below.
- Heat Idli vessel. Apply oil on the idli plates. Steam cook the kozhukattai for 12 -15 minutes.
- I have also tried with Jaggery | Vellam. Follow the same process except replace palm jaggery with jaggery.
Jaggery pidi kozhukattai
My mom adds small coconut pieces while preparing the dough.
Roasted nuts can also be added while preparing the dough to give rich taste to kozhukattai.