Usually whenever I get beetroot, I will discard the beetroot leaves. This time I thought of preparing curry or poriyal with this beetroot leaves. Followed the same steps as spinach poriyal except I skipped adding coconut. Check below for beetroot leaves poriyal instructions
Green chillies( slit open)
Garlic (cut Longitudinally)
- Wash beetroot leaves and chop into small pieces.
- Heat oil in the pan and add cumin seeds, channa dhal , red chilly and urad dhal.
- When channa dhal turns golden colour,add onions, green chillies and garlic. Fry till the onion turns translucent. Then add beetroot leaves. Reduce to low flame.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Fry till beetroot leaves are cooked.
- Green chilli can be replaced with chilli powder.
- Always wash vegetable and chop it. Nutrients will be lost if we wash the chopped vegetable