Broccoli was lying in my fridge for past 3 days. I was not in a mood to make broccoli stir fry. My hubby gave me the idea of trying broccoli with Pasta. Got the recipe from marinmamacooks and modified it to meet my family taste buds.
Broccoli small florets
Garlic finely chopped
Freshly ground pepper
- Cook pasta with 1/2 tsp of salt in boiling water for 12 minutes or follow the instructions given in pasta packet. Drain the excessive water by transferring pasta to colander.
- Heat butter and olive oil in pan. Add finely chopped garlic and lemon zest.
- Switch of the stove. Add lemon juice and mix well.Add pasta and freshly ground pepper and mix well.
- Add cooked broccoli followed by cheese and peanut.
- The actual recipe suggests to use roasted pine nuts. As there was no pine nuts in my kitchen, replaced it with peanuts.
- Ricotta cheese can be replaced by paramesan cheese