Coriander Leaves chopped
Table 2: To Temper
- Grate carrots, finely chop coriander leaves and freshly grate ginger. Cook raw rice by adding enough water. I have used sona masoori rice and pressure cook with 2 cups of water for 4 whistles. Mash the rice and allow it to cool down.
- Add curd, milk and salt. Mix well. Add carrots, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard. Allow it to splutter. Add red chillies,curry leaves and cashews .Fry till cashews turns golden colour. Add shredded ginger. Once ginger is cooked, add these tempered ingredients to curd rice.
- Variations can be done by adding fresh fruits likes grapes and apple. Finely chopped mango can also be added.
- Finely chopped green chillies can be added.
- Ginger, Curry leaves and coriander leaves can be used with /without tempering based on your taste.
- Red chillies can be replaced with green chillies.
- Allow rice to cool down completely before adding other ingredients.
- For immediate consumption, decrease milk quantity and increase curd quantity.