Papaya fruit is rich in dietary fibres, minerals and vitamins. It is a very low calorie fruit and rich in vitamin C, Vitamin A and beta carotene. Always select papaya which is orange in colour and feels soft for immediate consumption. Back in my home town, our backyard has lot of papaya trees. My family doctor suggests us to eat atleast 1/2 Cup of papaya daily. My mom serves a cup of fresh papaya's along with our dinner. Lassi is a popular yogurt based drink originated from India. Papaya lassi is prepared from ripe papaya pieces, yogurt and sugar. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing Papaya Lassi.
Cook Time: 0 mins
Ready In: 5 minsYields: 2 Servings
Yogurt / Curd
- Wash papaya. Remove the seeds. Peel the outer skin. Chop papaya into small pieces.
- Blend papaya pieces, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, chill water and ice cubes into a smooth paste in a blender.
- Add ice cubes, while serving.
- Replace chill water with milk.
- Can replace sugar with honey. Adjust honey/sugar to your taste.