My hubby is bit crazy about eggs.He never says "No" to omelette at any time of the day.Tried recreating Indian version of garden omelette. This colorful Vegetable masala omelette is packed with nutrients. It is an easy, quick and healthy breakfast. Kids will love this colorful recipe.Please check below for step wise instructions and pictures for preparing Vegetable masala omelette.
Cook Time : 5 mins
Onions finely chopped
Tomato finely chopped
Capsicum finely chopped
Coriander leaves chopped
Green chillies finely chopped
Basil leaves (optional)
Black pepper powder
- Break the egg and beat it using fork or hand whisk. Add salt, pepper powder and basil powder. Mix well. Add the remaining ingredients except oil.
- Heat dosa tava or non stick pan in medium flame. When dosa tava is hot, pour the egg mixture and spread evenly starting from centre. Pour 1 tsp of Oil on omelette circumference. Allow it to cook for a min. close it with lid. When the edges starts turning golden brown colour, carefully turn it and cook on other side.
- Switch of the stove. Transfer the omlette to serving plate.
Vegetable Masala Omelette
- Variations can be done by adding mushroom, spinach.
- Adding basil leaves and cheese is optional.
- If you are planning to serve it to kids, skip green chillies.
- Don't use juicy tomatoes.
- My mom adds a pinch of turmeric powder to the omlette.
- We can also add garam masala powder for more masala flavour.
- Oil can be replaced with butter for more flavour.