Soak Time: Over night ( 8-12 hours)
White Peas / Pattani
Table 2: To grind
Table 3: For Garnishing
Raw Mango chopped
Coriander Leaves chopped
- Wash and soak white peas overnight (minimum 8 hours). Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles by adding enough water and turmeric powder. Add salt and keep it ready.
- Grind ginger, garlic, green chillies and fennel seeds(from table 2) by adding enough water into smooth paste.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add mustard and allow it to splutter. Add curry leaves and red chillies. Fry for a min.
- Add the grind-ed paste and fry till raw smell goes off. Add cooked white peas / pattani. Fry for 2-3 mins and mix well. Adjust salt if needed.Remove from stove and transfer it to big bowl.
- Before serving, mix raw mango pieces, shredded coconut, chopped onions and coriander leaves to cooked white peas sundal.
Beach Sundal / Pattani Sundal / Thenga Manga Pattani Sundal
Adjust green chillies to your taste.
If you don't like raw onions, fry it along with red chillies and curry leaves.