Mango is national fruit of India. English word 'Mango' is derived from tamil word 'Mangai'. Mango along with jackfruit and banana is considered as Mukkani(Maa- Pala- Vazhai) in South India. These three fruits are offered to God for Tamil New Year. Mango also find a special place during telugu new year also. It is used for preparing Ugadi Pachadi. Mangoes are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, folate and fibre. Salem in Tamil Nadu is very famous for Mangoes. During summer seasons, you can find a lot of shops selling fresh mangoes near highways in Salem, Dharmapuri district. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing egg-less Mango chocolate chips muffins.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Ready in : 30 mins
Yields: 6 Large Muffins
All purpose flour / Maida
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare the muffin tray with liners.Add all dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Take butter in second bowl. Bring Butter to room temperature. Add vanilla essence to it.
- Add mango pulp and granulated sugar to butter.
- Transfer the wet ingredients in second bowl to first bowl.Whisk once till all the ingredients are mixed. Add 3 tbsp of water.
- Add chocolate chips. Don't over mix.
- Fill the muffin cups with batter.Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 mins or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre of cake come out clean.Remove from oven, transfer it to cooling rack and allow it to cool completely.
Don't over mix the ingredients
Use the middle rack of oven for baking.