Mattar Paneer is a Indian recipe prepared with Indian Cottage cheese(Paneer) and Peas. This North Indian dish is served with Indian breads like Naan, Paratha or roti. Paneer is readily available in Indian grocery stores or it can be prepared very easily in home. I have used frozen peas and whole garam masala items. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing North Indian Mattar Paneer.
Paneer 1 inch cubes
Garam masala items
Cinnamon stick small
Cardamom - 1
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic and fry till raw smell goes off. Add onions and fry till they turn translucent.Add tomato and fry till they turn mushy. Add roasted cashews. Remove from stove and grind to a smooth paste by adding enough water.
- Wash the frozen peas and drain it in colander.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and fry for a min. Add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add the grind-ed mixture, turmeric powder, salt and coriander powder.
- Add cubed paneer and peas. Allow the gravy to boil and simmer for 5 mins.
Adjust chilli powder to your taste.
Adding dry roasted fenugreek leaves will enhance flavour.