Table 2: For Tempering
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard, cumin seeds and urad dal. When urad dal changes golden colour, add red chillies and onions. Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry it till the tomatoes turn mushy. Add the chopped carrot, salt, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Fry it in medium flame for 5 mins. If needed sprinkle water.
- Allow the mixture to cool down. Grind the mixture in blender / Mixie by adding enough water into a smooth paste.
- Tempering: Heat oil in the pan and add mustard, red chilly, Curry leaves and urad dal. When Urad dal turns golden colour, add it to the grind mixture.
- Variations can be done by adding garlic and ginger.
- Adjust the red chillies according to your taste and also based on the carrot sweetness.