Shortbread cookies are traditional Scottish confectionery. It requires only 5 ingredients. These cookies are easy to bake and tastes great. We can store the short bread cookies in a covered container for up to a week.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time : 25 mins
Ready in : 35 mins
Yields: 30 pieces.
All purpose flour
113 gms or 1 Stick
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease the baking pan with butter.
- Mix all purpose flour, salt and powdered sugar.
- Bring the unsalted butter to room temperature. Add vanilla essence to butter.
- Add the mixed dry ingredients( Flour, sugar and salt) to butter and vanilla essence
- Using hands, mix all the ingredients and make a ball of dough
- Flatten the dough using rolling pin. Cut the dough into desired shapes with cookie cutter and arrange it in baking pan leaving 2 inch gap.
- Bake in oven for 12-14 mins or until the edges are golden and fairly firm to touch
- Use exact measurements.
- Use centre rack of oven for baking.