Mushrooms are rich source of Vitamin D. Button Mushrooms are easy to cook. Mushroom is called as " Kalan" in tamil. Button mushrooms are cooked in very spicy peanut and pepper gravy. The flavour of peanut and pepper blends very well and gives unique taste to the dish. An excellent side dish for Chappathi/ Roti. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing Spicy Mushroom peanut gravy.
Cook Time : 20 mins
Ready in : 30 mins
Yields: 4 servings
Ginger and Garlic finely chopped
Coriander leaves chopped
- Dry roast raw peanuts. Grind the roasted peanuts along with red chillies and pepper corn into a fine powder.
- Heat Oil in a wok/Pan. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic. Fry it till ginger and garlic are cooked, Add finely chopped onion and fry it till they turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder and coriander powder and fry it till tomatoes turn mushy in medium flame. Add chopped mushrooms.
- Mushrooms will leave enough water to get cooked. Add grind-ed powder, salt and fry it in low flame till mushrooms are cooked. Add 1/2 cup water if needed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and relish it with chappathi / Roti /Bread.