Being a chocolate lover, I usually prefer trying chocolate recipes. This time I want to give a try with Almonds. Adapted the recipe from a cook book written by Lora Brody. Biscotti means double cooked. These biscotti will be dry and can be stored for long time. Dunk this biscotti in your favourite coffee or tea and enjoy it. Please check below for detailed steps for making Almond biscotti.
Cook Time : 55 mins
Ready in : 1 hour 5 mins
Yields: 12 biscotti
All purpose flour / Maida
Silvered, blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Dry roast almonds to golden colour in a kadai. Stirring it frequently. It can be roasted in oven also.
- Take All purpose flour in a vessel. Mix baking powder, salt and sugar to the flour. whisk one egg. Add vegetable oil and essence to the whisked egg.
- Add egg mixture to the flour bowl. Add roasted almonds and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into a single log 10 inch long and 4 inch wide. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool. cut the log into slices as shown in below picture.
- Turn the slices of biscotti and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the slices of biscotti and bake for 10 minutes.
Always use the exact quantities of ingredients while baking.