Gujarati Khichri is an easy and quick rice recipe. This recipe will be mild and less spicy. It also accomodates moong dal and grean peas. Kids will enjoy this recipe. Adapted the recipe from a cook book.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Ready in : 25 mins
Yields: Serves 3 People
|Basmati Rice||1 Cup|
|Yellow moong dal||1 Cup|
|Cumin seeds||1.5 tsp|
|Green chillies chopped finely||2|
|Onions chopped||1/2 cup|
|Potatoes small cubed||1/2 Cup|
|Green peas||1/4 Cup|
- Wash basmati rice and soak it for 1 hour or as per instructions given in rice bag.
- Heat oil in the cooker and add cumin seeds, pepper corns and cloves.Fry for 2 mins.
- Add chopped onions and green chillies. Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped potatoes and peas and fry for 2 mins.
- Add rice,dal and salt. Add enough water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.,