Carrots rich in vitamins are good for eyes. Beans are rich in proteins. Carrot and beans make a great combination. This Carrot Beans dry curry is very famous in South India. It goes well with Sambar rice and Curd rice. I have explained two methods of preparing carrot beans poriyal. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing South Indian dry curry Carrot Beans poriyal.
Cook Time : 10 minsIngredients:
Chopped and cooked Veggies
(carrots, beans )
1 tbsp (optional)
Coriander Leaves chopped
Method I :
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard, urad dal and channa dal.When channa dal turn golden colour, add curry leaves, red chillies green chillies and onion. Fry till onion turn translucent.
- Add cooked carrot and beans. Fry for 2 mins. Add salt and coriander leaves. Switch of the stove. Add shredded coconut.
Method II (with uncooked veggies):
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard,urad dal and channa dal.When channa dal turn golden colour, add curry leaves, red chillies, green chillies and onion. Fry till onion turn translucent.
- Add carrot and beans. Sprinkle 1/4 Cup water and close it with lid. Allow it to cook in medium flame.
- When all the water is absorbed, Check if carrot and beans are cooked( it should retain its crunchiness), else sprinkle some water and fry for 2 mins. Add salt and coriander leaves. Switch of the stove and lastly add shredded coconut.
Carrot Beans poriyal | Carrot beans dry curry
- Adding coconut is optional
- The essential nutrients will lose, if we wash the chopped vegetables, so wash the vegetable thoroughly then chop into small pieces.
- Adjust chilli to your taste.