Pal Kova is an Indian sweet prepared from Milk. This Milk sweet - Thiratipal is prepared during Indian Festival Krishna Jayanthi. Srivilliputhur in Tamil Nadu is famous for Pal Kova. Although Pal Kova is made in different places, the taste of Srivilliputhur Palkova is always unique and the best. The usual process of making pal kova is time consuming. It takes 2-3 hrs and requires approximately 1.5 litres of milk to get 1 cup of this Milk Fudge. Lets see for a quicker version of this pal kova. The taste matches the original version and this mouth watering microwave milk peda can be prepared within 10 mins.
Preparation time: 1 min
Cook Time : 7 mins
Ready in : 8 mins
Yields : 1 Cup
Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Mix condensed milk, yogurt and 1/4 tbsp of ghee in a large bowl and microwave it for 3 mins. Open the microwave. Wait for a min (Milk will be boiling) then carefully remove it from Microwave.
- Mix 1/4 tbsp of ghee and again microwave it for 2 mins. Again wait for a min and carefully remove it from microwave.
- Add remaining ghee and keep it in microwave for 2 mins. The sweet curdles and colour changes to golden brown colour.
- Use a big microwave bowl. The milk boils and spills out if we use small bowl.
- After opening the microwave, wait for a min then remove the bowl.
- The timings will vary depending on the microwave settings and make of microwave. So keep an eye while cooking.
- Garnish with any nuts if needed.