Chettinad Poondu Kuzhambu is prepared by cooking Garlic cloves in Tamarind gravy and other Indian spices. This spicy gravy is usually served as a side dish to Rice. It can be also served as a side dish to Idly and Dosa. We have tried many vegetarian recipes in Anjappar. I really love Anjappar Poondu Kuzhambu. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing chettinad poondu kuzhambu.
Cook Time : 20 mins
Garlic cloves finely chopped
Coriander leaves chopped
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 10 minutes. Squeeze the seeds and fibre to get the tamarind juice. Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder,chilli powder and coriander leaves to the Tamarind Juice.
- Heat Oil ( from table 2) in a pan. Add Garlic cloves and fry till they turn golden colour. Transfer the garlic from the pan to a bowl.
- Heat Oil in the same pan and add mustard,fenugreek seeds
- Add tomato and fry till tomatoes turn mushy.Add the tamarind juice and allow it to boil.
- Add fried garlic and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame till kuzhambu thickens. Check the salt and remove from stove.
Adjust chilly powder to your taste.