Keerai thandu poriyal is my grandma's recipe. It is prepared from leftover soft stems of amarnath leaves. Green leaves are always healthy and contains lot of nutrients. The soft stems takes more time to cook when compared to green leaves. So Grandma prepares a separate dish with this soft stems. My hubby loves this poriyal .It can be served as a side dish to rice. Please check below for easy and quick mullai Keerai thandu poriyal
Soft Stem of Amarnath Leaves chopped
Green chillies( slit open)
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard, cumin seeds, channa dhal and urad dhal.
- When channa dhal turns golden colour,add onions and green chillies. Fry till the onion turns translucent. Then add the stems and turmeric powder. Fry till turmeric raw smell goes off.
- Switch of the stove and garnish with coconut.
- Variations can be done by adding red chilli along with cumin seeds and dhals in step 2.
- Coconut is optional
- Always wash vegetable and chop it. Nutrients will be lost if we wash the chopped vegetable