Cabbage is one of my favourite vegetable. It can be used in lot of recipes. Cabbage is very low in calories, but rich in nutrients. My mom gave this cabbae pachadi recipe long time back. I love cabbage as a poriyal. Whenever I get cabbage, I ended up doing poriyal. This time I tried this cabbage chutney recipe as a side dish to dosa. It complemented dosa and my family loved it Please check below for detailed instructions and pictures for preparing cabbage chutney - Cabbage pachadi.
- Heat oil in the pan and add cumin seeds, channa dal and urad dhal and fry it till channa dal turn golden colour.
- Add tamarind, red chillies, green chilly and garlic. Fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped cabbage and fry it till cabbage is cooked.
- Grind the mixture to a smooth paste by adding enough water in a blender/Mixie.
- Tempering: Heat oil in the pan and add mustard, curry leaves and urad dhal. When Urad dhal turns golden colour, add it to the ground mixture.