How beautiful to see the swirls of vanilla and chocolate batter in a same cake ? This marble cake blends vanilla and chocolate flavour giving the beautiful marble effect. Marble cake is my kid's favourite cake. I believe most of the kids love this cake. Preparation method is very easy and one more baking recipe which never fails. Adapted the recipe from Martha Stewart website. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing Marble cake.
All purpose flour / Maida
1 3/4 Cup
8 tbsp ( 1/2 Cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously butter the loaf pan.Mix all purpose flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Take butter in a bowl. Bring Butter to room temperature. Add sugar and whisk till it turns light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one and whisk till everything is mixed. Add vanilla essence to it.
- Add half of the flour and half of buttermilk. Whisk all the ingredients. add remaining flour and buttermilk.
- Transfer 1/2 of the batter to another bowl. Prepare a smooth liquid by mixing cocoa powder and 1/4 Cup boiling water in a bowl. Add this cocoa mixture to reserved batter.
- Pour vanilla batter and chocolate batter alternatively in the loaf pan.
- To create a marble effect, run a knife or skewer through batter in swirling motion
- Bake for 50 minutes (Rotate the pan by 180 degree after 25 minutes of baking ) or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to cooling rack. After 10 minutes, transfer the cake from pan to cooling rack. Once cooled, Cut into slices.
- As I love chocolate flavour, I added cocoa powder to half of the batter. Alternatively you can add cocoa to 1/3 of batter.
- This cake can be stored in air tight container for 3 days.