Mushroom Fried Rice is an Indo - Chinese Main Course. It is an easy and quick meal. Mushrooms are cooked in various sauces and added to Cooked Basmati Rice. Mushrooms are rich source of Vitamin D. Button Mushrooms are easy to cook. Mushroom is called as " Kalan" in tamil. This recipe will be very mild and less spicy. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing Mushroom Fried Rice.
Cook Time: 15 mins
Ready In: 30 minsYields: 3 Servings
Ginger and garlic finely chopped
Green chilly Sauce
Green onions chopped / coriander leaves
- Soak Basmati rice for 1 hour and pressure cook for 3 whistles or follow the instructions given in Basmati rice bag. Add 1 tsp of Oil to Rice and keep it ready.This will reduce the stickiness.
- Wash and chop mushrooms into small pieces.
- Heat Oil in pan.Add green chilli, ginger and garlic. Fry till raw smell goes off.Add onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add mushroom and fry till they are cooked. Mushrooms will leave enough water to get cooked.Add Soy sauce, green chilly sauce and white pepper . Mix well.
- Switch of the stove. Garnish with green onions / coriander leaves. Add Basmati Rice, Salt.
- Adding green chilly is optional
- If white pepper is not available then use black pepper powder. but colour of the dish will get change.
- If green onions is not available, then replace it with coriander leaves.
Kalan Fried Rice / Mushroom Fried Rice