Mangai Kuzhambu is a tangy South Indian gravy prepared using Raw Mangoes . It is my Grandma's recipe. It can be served as a side dish to Rice. It can also be served for Idli and Dosa. Please check below for step wise instructions and pictures for preparing Raw Mango Gravy or Mangai Kuzhambu.
Table 1: To Grind
Raw Mango cubed
Coriander leaves chopped
- Heat Oil in the pan and add cumin seeds, coriander onions.Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and fry till tomatoes turn mushy. Remove from stove and add shredded coconut and salt.
- Allow the mixture to cool down. Grind the mixture by adding enough water and keep it ready.
- Wash and cube raw tomatoes. Add enough water to soak and cook the raw mango cubes.
- Take oil from table 2 and heat it in a pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. When mustard splutter, add finely chopped onion. Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Once the onion turn translucent add cooked raw mango and fry for a min. Add grind-ed mixture, coriander leaves and add 1 cup of water. Allow the gravy to boil and adjust salt if needed.
Mangai Kuzhambu / Raw Mango Kolambu / Maangai Kuzhambu