Thakkali biryani can be prepared either by using fresh tomato, ginger, garlic and garam masala items or using tomato paste, ginger garlic paste. Bachelors can skip grinding tomatoes and replace it with store bought thick tomato paste. It makes a good lunch box recipe. An quick biryani, when no vegetables are available in home. Please check below for easy and quick South Indian Tomato Biryani
Ginger finely chopped
Garlic finely chopped
Onions chopped lengthwise
4 to 5 sticks
- Soak Basmati rice for 1 hour or as per instructions given in rice bag
- Grind tomatoes to smooth paste in blender.
- Heat Oil in the cooker. Add Bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, anistar and fennel seeds.
- After 2 mins, add ginger, garlic and green chillies. Fry till raw smell goes off.Add onions and fry till onions turn golden colour
- Add tomato paste and fry for 3 mins in medium flame. Add coriander leaves, mint. Finally add basmati rice, salt and water. Pressure cook for 2 whistles
- Tasty and easy tomato biryani is ready.