Indian sweet prepared with all purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder and clarified butter. It is very common to find this sweet in Indian sweet stalls.This is my Kid's favourite sweet. An easy and quick dessert for chocolate lovers prepared with easily available ingredients. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing Chocolate Maida Burfi - Chocolate Maida Cake.
Yields : 24 pieces
Maida / All purpose flour
1.5 Cups - 2 tbsp
- Take a plate/ tray and generously grease it with 1 tsp of ghee and keep it ready.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Roast Maida in ghee for 4 -5 mins in low flame. Add vanilla essence and cocoa powder. Remove from stove.
- .Take 1 cup of water in thick bottomed vessel. Add sugar and allow it to boil till sugar syrup reaches one string consistency. One string consistency means when the sugar syrup is hold between fore finger and thumb, a thin single string should form.
| One String Consistency |
- Reduce to low flame. Add maida,cocoa mixture to sugar syrup and mix vigorously with spatula in circular motion. Within 2 minutes, all the batter comes together and starts leaving the pan. Switch off the stove.
- Pour this batter in the greased plate. Level it using spatula. Draw lines using knife after 5 mins when it is warm.(This will help to easily cut the burfi once it cools down). Allow it to cool and cut into shapes.
Roast maida in low flame. Also add maida to sugar syrup in low flame.
Once cooled, store the sweets in air tight container.
Adding vanilla essence is optional.
Chocolate Maida Cake / Chocolate Maida Burfi