Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Ready In: 45 mins
Yields : 5 Servings
Besan Flour/ Kadalai Maavu
- Add rice flour,besan flour,sesame seeds,salt,chilli powder, butter and water and mix well.Make soft dough (similar to Chappathi dough).
- Now put the dough into the murukku press. Use the plate having two lines as shown in picture below.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry. To check whether oil is hot, drop a little dough into oil. If it bubbles up on top, then oil is hot. Carefully press the murukku press on top and drop the dough into the oil .
- Fry till light golden brown colour. Drain the excess oil by placing it in a paper towel.
- The dough will become dry after some time, so cover dough and prepare murukku immediately.
- Beginners can press the dough on backside of big ladle or on plastic cover and drop the pressed dough into Oil.
- My mom adds pinch of asaofetida powder to the dough.
Ribbon Murukku / Ribbon Pakoda / Nada Murukku