Kovakkai / Tindora sliced
1 tbsp (optional)
Coriander Leaves chopped
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard, Urad dal and channa dal.When channa dal turn golden colour, add curry leaves and red chillies. Fry for a min. Add chopped onions. Fry till onion turn translucent.
- Add sliced tindora. Sprinkle some water. Cover the pan with lid and cook for 3-5 mins. Check whether the vegetable is cooked, else sprinkle some more water and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add salt. turmeric powder and chilli powder. Fry til raw smell goes off. Switch of the stove and add shredded coconut, coriander leaves.
- Adding coconut is optional
- The essential nutrients will lose, if we wash the chopped vegetables, so Wash the vegetable thoroughly then chop into small pieces.
- Adjust chilli powder to your taste.
- Don't sprinkle more water. It will make the curry mushy.