Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time : 15 mins
Ready in : 25 mins
Yields: 2 servings.
Cooked Veggies (Carrots and beans)
Ginger chopped finely
Garlic chopped finely
- Dry roast oats for 2-3 mins in a pan. Remove from stove. Heat oil in the pan and add mustard, cumin seeds, urad dal and channa dal .
- When channa dal turns golden colour, add curry leaves, green chillies, chopped ginger and garlic. Fry for 2 mins till raw smell goes off. Add onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add tomato and fry till tomatoes turn mushy. Add cooked vegetables( carrots and beans) and fry for 2 mins. Add salt, turmeric powder.
- Add roasted oats and sprinkle some water. Cover it with lid and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from stove. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Adjust chillies to your taste.
- Green peas can also be added along with carrots and beans to this kichadi
- Chopped ginger and garlic can be replaced with ginger garlic paste.