Spaghetto in Italian means thin string. Spaghetti is the plural form of spaghetto. Spaghetti is a cylindrical pasta prepared with all purpose flour. I have prepared a simple, easy and quick spaghetti with bell pepper and tomato paste. Bell Pepper or capsicum as called in India is rich in carotenoids and vitamin C. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing Tomato Capsicum Spaghetti
Garlic finely chopped
Onions cut lengthwise
Bell Pepper chopped lengthwise
Freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add finely chopped garlic. When the raw smell goes off, add chopped onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add chopped bell pepper / capsicum ( I have used green, yellow and orange bell pepper) and fry for 2 mins.
- Add tomato paste and salt. Fry till raw smell goes off. Add pepper powder and dry oregano. Switch off the stove. Mix with spaghetti.
- To add crispness to recipe add roasted pine nuts.
- Adjust pepper to your taste.