Table 1: To fry and grind
Cooked Chow chow pieces
- Wash and Peel the outer skin of Chow chow. Remove the seeds and Cut into small cubes. Cook chow chow pieces by adding enough water.
- Heat Oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, curry leaves and shallots. Fry till shallots turn translucent
- Add tomatoes and fry till tomatoes turn mushy.Add salt and turmeric powder. Switch off the stove and allow the mixture to cool down. Grind the mixture into smooth paste by adding enough water. Transfer it to a bowl and keep it ready.
- Take oil from table 2 and heat it in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When they splutter add finely chopped onion and curry leaves. Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Once the onion turn translucent add cooked chow chow. Fry for a min. Add grind-ed mixture and 1 cup of water.
- Allow the gravy to boil . Simmer for 5 mins and garnish with coriander leaves.