Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 55 mins
Ready in : 1 hour 5 mins
Yields: 15 pieces
All purpose flour / Maida
Unsweetened coconut milk
2 tbsp (1/4 stick)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously butter a 9 inch cake pan. sift all purpose flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Cut butter into small pieces. Heat coconut milk and butter in a sauce pan till the butter melts.Remove from stove and keep it warm.
- Whisk eggs and add sugar.Beat eggs and sugar till it turns thick and fluffy. Add vanilla essence to it.
- Add the eggs sugar mixture to the dry ingredients bowl and mix it.
- Add shredded coconut followed by hot coconut milk and butter. Mix the ingredients till the batter turns smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan and give the pan a few back-and-forth shakes to even the batter.
- Bake for 55 -60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean. Transfer pan to cooling rack. After 10 minutes, transfer the cake from pan to cooling rack. Once cooled, Cut into slices.
Coconut Cake | coconut Milk Cake | Coconut Tea Cake