Instant Rava dosa is a quick, easy South Indian breakfast prepared using semolina, rice flour and all purpose flour. This semolina crepe doesn't require grinding and fermenting. Enjoy the rava dosa with coconut chutney and sambar.This crispy Instant Rava Dosa comes to hand whenever there is no dosa batter in home. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing South Indian Instant Onion Rava Dosa.
Cook Time : 20 mins
All purpose flour | Maida
Semolina | Rava
Onions finely chopped
Ginger finely chopped
Green chillies finely chopped
Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Add all purpose flour, semolina ,rice flour, cumin seeds, ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves, pepper powder and salt. Add water till the batter is of pouring consistency similar to buttermilk.
- Heat dosa tava in medium flame.Sprinkle water and check whether the dosa tava is hot. Spread onions and sprinkle the dosa batter.
- Pour oil on dosa circumference. Close it with lid. Rava dosa takes more time to cook than normal dosa.when the colour of dosa changes golden in some areas, carefully flip from one end to another using flat ladle.
Enjoy crispy Onion Rava dosa.
- The key to prepare crispy rava dosa is in the right batter consistency. It should be very watery similar to butter milk.
- If you are planning to serve the dosa to kids, remove the green chillies.
- Adjust green chillies and pepper to your taste.
- Each time before preparing dosa, mix the batter with a spoon or ladle. It avoids settling of semolina and flour to the bottom of bowl.