Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 55 mins
Ready In: 1 hour
Yields : 10 Servings
Thin coconut milk
- Dry roast urad dal to golden colour and grind to fine powder in a blender.
- Add rice flour,urad dal powder,sesame seeds,salt,chilli powder, butter and mix well. Add coconut milk and make soft dough (similar to Chappati dough).
- Now put the dough into the murukku press. Use the plate having three circles as shown in picture below.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry. To check whether oil is hot, drop a little dough into oil. If it bubbles up on top, then oil is hot.
- Carefully press the murukku press on top and drop the dough into the oil .
- Fry till light golden brown colour.Drain the excess oil by placing it in a paper towel.
- The dough will become dry after some time, so cover dough and prepare murukku immediately.
- Beginners can press the dough on backside of big ladle or on plastic cover and drop the pressed dough into Oil.