Chocolate cake is my all time favourite. I love to eat chocolate in any form. Be it a ice-cream, cake, muffins, cookies or any dessert. My kid also loves chocolate. This chocolate cake is a fool proof recipe and I have tried it many times in my home. Adapted this chocolate cake from a Baking book. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing easy Chocolate Cake.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Baking Time: 25 mins
Yields: 8 inch cake
All purpose flour | Maida
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease the baking pan with butter and add one tbsp of All purpose flour and tap it gently on all 4 sides of the pan. Keep it ready. Sift All purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a big bowl.
- Bring butter to room temperature. Add granulated sugar. Whisk till it turns creamy and fluffy.
- Separate egg yolk and white. Add egg yolk to butter sugar mixture. whisk it rigorously . Whisk vanilla essence and egg white in a bowl.
- Mix the butter, sugar and yolk mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Also add milk and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Lastly add egg white and vanilla essence. Scrap down the sides.
- Now pour the batter in the baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 mins or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow the cake to cool on the cooing rack for 10 mins.