Cauliflower Manchurian is one of my favourite Indo-chinese appetizer. Gobi Manchurian is one of the classic example of adaption of chinese techniques and seasoning to meet Indian taste buds.This is one of the popular starter found in most of the restaurants. It can also be served with Pulao, fried rice and biryani. I have already posted Broccoli Manchurian. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing Gobi Manchurian or Cauliflower Manchurian.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Table 1: Sauce
Ginger and Garlic finely chopped
Green chillies finely chopped
Onion finely chopped
Red chilli sauce
Green onions chopped or
Coriander leaves chopped
For Deep Fry
All purpose flour
Ginger garlic paste
Pepper powder or
Red chilli powder
- Soak cauliflower florets in boiling water for 5 mins to remove germs. Strain the water.
- Add All-purpose flour, corn flour, ginger garlic paste, salt, pepper and water from table 2 . Prepare a thick batter.
- Coat Cauliflower pieces with batter and deep fry Cauliflower florets till it turns crisp.
- Remove the excess oil by placing the deep fried cauliflower florets in paper towel.
- Heat Oil in the pan and add finely chopped ginger,garlic and green chillies. Once raw smell goes off, add onions. Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add the sauces and vinegar and when oil separates add corn flour, 3 tbsp water and fry till the sauce thickens.
- Add fried cauliflower to the sauce and mix it well.Garnish with green onions or coriander leaves.
Adjust green chillies to your taste.
For best results, cook the sauce in sesame oil.
To check the hotness of oil for deep fry, drop a small batter.If it bubbles up, then the oil is hot.
Don't over crowd cauliflower florets while deep frying.