Table 1: To fry and grind
Cinnamon stick 1 inch
Ginger (Finely chopped)
Cooked black channa
- Heat Oil in a pan and add fennel seeds, coriander seeds, cardamomand turmeric powder.
- Add shredded coconut and switch off the stove. Add enough water and grind it into a smooth paste in blender.
- Heat Coconut oil in a pan. Add mustard and allow it to splutter. Add finely chopped ginger and curry leaves. Fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add onions and fry till they turn translucent. Add tomato and fry till they turn mushy.
- Add cooked black channa followed by grind-ed mixture. Add 2 cups of water.
- Allow the gravy to boil and close it with lid. Cook in medium flame for 20 mins till the gravy thickens.
Kadala Kuzhambu for puttu | Kadala gravy for puttu
Adjust red chillies to your taste.