Cook Time : 35 mins
Ginger Finely chopped
Green chillies finely chopped
Coriander Leaves finely chopped
Besan Flour / Gram Flour
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard, cumin seeds, Urad dal and channa dal. Fry till channa dal turns golden colour. Add curry leaves,green chillies and ginger. Fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped onion and fry till onion turn translucent.Add smashed potatoes and fry it in a low flame for 3 -5 minutes. Now potato masala is ready.
- Transfer it to a bowl. Allow it to cool and make balls of small marble size.
- Whisk all the ingredients from table 2 by adding enough water and prepare a thick smooth batter.Set the batter aside for about 10 minutes.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry. Dip and coat the potato balls with the batter. Drop these balls in oil and turn it with slotted spoon 2 to 3 times. deep fry till it turns golden brown. Remove using slotted spoon Drain the excess oil by placing it in a paper towel.