Karasev is a easy and quick South Indian diwali snacks. Karasev is prepared from Rice flour and Besan Flour / Kadalai Maavu. This is one of the quick savoury prepared for Deepavali festival using the traditional murukku press. The process is simplified and the instant karasev can be prepared using store bought rice flour. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing South Indian Karasev recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Ready In: 45 mins
Yields : 5 Servings
Besan Flour/ Kadalai Maavu
- Add rice flour,besan flour,turmeric powder, salt,pepper powder, butter and water and mix well.Make soft dough (similar to Chappati dough).
- Now put the dough into the murukku press. Use the plate having three circles as shown in picture below.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry. To check whether oil is hot, drop a little dough into oil. If it bubbles up on top, then oil is hot. Carefully press the murukku press on top and drop the dough into the oil .
- Fry by flipping on both sides. The colour of the murukku will change to light golden brown colour. Drain the excess oil by placing it in a paper towel.
Karasev Recipe | Easy Diwali snacks
- The dough will become dry after some time, so cover dough and prepare murukku immediately.
- Adjust pepper powder to your taste.
- Deep fry the murukku in medium flame.