Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Yields: 4 Hot dogs
Table 1: To Grind
|Ginger chopped||1 tbsp|
|Garlic chopped||1 tbsp|
|Fennel seeds||2 tsp|
|Mint Leaves(optional)||10 Leaves|
|Onions finely chopped||1/4 Cup|
|Carrots shredded||1/4 Cup|
|Panner shredded||1/3 Cup|
|Mashed and boiled potatoes||1.5 Cup|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1.5 tsp|
|Chilli powder||1.5 tsp|
|Coriander Leaves chopped||2 stalks|
Table 3: Assembling hot dog
|Hot dog buns||4|
|Mustard Ketchup||For Garnishing|
|Tomato Ketchup||For Garnishing|
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned in table 1 to fine paste by adding enough water in a blender / mixie.
- Mix potatoes, paneer, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, salt and coriander leaves in a bowl and keep it ready.
- Heat Oil in a pan from table 2. Add onions and fry till they turn translucent. Add shredded carrot and fry till the carrots are cooked. Add the grind-ed paste from table 1 and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add the potato mixture and fry for 2 to 3 mins in medium flame. Switch off the stove. Allow the vegetable mixture to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. shape the vegetable mixture in the form of hot dogs. Wrap it in aluminum foil as shown in picture below.
- Bake it in oven for 15 mins. Remove the hot dogs from oven. Now the hot dogs have bonded well. Heat a non-stick pan. Add oil and fry the hot dogs by flipping on all the sides till the colour changes to dark brown.
- Take a hot dog bun. Place the prepared hot dog in middle and garnish with mustard ketchup and tomato ketchup.
- Adjust red chilli powder and green chillies to your taste.
- Instead of grinding ingredients in table 1, use 2 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp masala powder.
- Beginners can skip carrots and paneer. Try only with potatoes.
- To get a crispy outer layer, coat the hot dogs with bread crumbs before baking in oven.
- One can use idli pan instead of oven.