Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Ready in : 30 mins
Yields: 10-12 sweets
|Rice Flour | Arisi Maavu||3/4 Cup|
|Hot water||As needed|
|Jaggery | Vellam | Karumbu Chakkarai||2 Nos|
|Shredded coconut||1/4 Cup|
|Dry fruits (cashews, pista, raisins)||2 tbsp|
- Take rice flour in a bowl. Add 1 tsp of Oil and salt.
- Little by little add hot water and prepare a soft dough (similar to chappati dough)
- Prepare jaggery syrup by melting jaggery in 1/4 cup of water. When the syrup boils, add shredded coconut and dry fruits. Cook the jaggery syrup by stirring it continuously till it thickens.
- Take a fraction of a dough and make a ball the size of a medium lemon. Flatten the balls to 4-5 inches in diameter.
For Half moon shape:
- Place the jaggery coconut mixture and close the flattened rice ball as shown in picture below. Make a design at the edges of the kozhukattai using a fork as shown below.
- Place the jaggery coconut mixture in middle of flattened rice ball. Close the rice ball.
- Heat Idli vessel. Apply oil on the idli plates. Steam cook kozhukattai for 8-12 minutes.
Sweet Kozhukattai Recipe
Sweet Modak Recipe
Adding dry fruits is optional