Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Ready In:45 mins
Yields : 20 Nos
For Deep Frying
- Dry roast urad dal to golden brown and grind to fine powder in a blender.
- Soak Channa dal for 1 hour. Add rice flour,urad dal powder,sesame seeds,butter,salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder,soaked channa dal and water.
- Make soft dough (similar to Chappathi dough).Take a fraction of dough and prepare balls of gooseberry size.
- Take a clean plastic cover. Take a ball, using hand pat gently and flatten to 2-3 inch diameter.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry. To check whether oil is hot, drop a little dough into oil. If it bubbles up on top, then oil is hot. Flip the cover in one hand and carefully drop the dough into the oil .
- Fry till light golden brown colour. Drain the excess oil by placing it in a paper towel.
Thattai Murukku | Gokulashtami recipes