Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Baking Time: 25 mins
Yields: 3 Puffs
|Fennel seeds | Sombu||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger and Garlic finely chopped||1 tsp|
|Green chilly finely chopped||1|
|Onions chopped||1/4 Cup|
|Cooked Veggies of your choice||1/2 Cup|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1/2 tsp|
|Chilli powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves chopped||For Garnishing|
|Egg white||For brushing|
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds, finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. Fry till raw smell goes off. Add onions and fry till they turn translucent. Add cooked vegetables and fry for a min.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder.Fry till raw smell goes off. Switch off the stove and add coriander leaves. Transfer to bowl and allow the filling to cool down.
- Thaw puff pastry sheet to room temperature as per instructions given in puff pastry sheet cover. Lightly flour the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into size you need.
- Cut the sheet into three rectangles. Fill the pastry with vegetable filling. Fold the pastry sheet. Seal the ends of the sheet using your finger. Brush with egg white and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake it in oven for 25 to 30 mins till the crust turns golden colour.
Vegetable Puff | Step by step pictures
Adjust green chilly and chilli powder to your taste.
I have used carrots, beans and green peas. Use vegetables of your choice.
Brushing egg white on top of the pastry sheet will give a golden crust. Egg white can also be replaced with milk.