Preparation Time: 20 mins
Baking time: 16 to 18 mins
Yields: 12 Cookies
|Butter||2 sticks or 1 Cup|
|Granulated Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 tsp|
|All purpose flour||2.5 cups|
|Food colors of your choice||2|
|Sprinkles or Jimmies||As needed|
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bring the butter to room temperature. Take the soften butter in a large bowl. Add sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk till it turns light and fluffy.
- Add all purpose flour and prepare a soft dough. Place 1/3 cup of dough in two bowls. Add food colors of your choice. I have added blue and pink. Set aside.
- Shape remaining dough into twelve 1 inch balls and twelve 1.5 inch balls. Flatten the balls and place the 1 inch balls above the 1.5 inch balls in the prepared baking sheet. Take 2 teaspoon of colored dough and shape it like a hat. Place it above snowman head(1 inch ball).
- For scarf shape 1/4 tsp of each color into a 3 inch rope twist the ropes together leaving one end untwisted. Place the scarf around snowman's neck. Insert jimmies or sprinkles for eyes and nose.
- Bake in Pre-heated oven for 16 to 18 mins or until set. cool for 10 mins in baking sheet.
Egg less Snowman Butter Cookies