Cook Time: 10 min
Rest Time: 30 mins to 2 hrs
Yields: Approx. 160 gms
|Whole Milk||4 Cups|
|Lemon Juice||2 tbsp|
- Boil the milk and remove from stove. Add salt to the milk.
- Add lemon juice slowly and Continuously stir the milk.The milk curdles and the solid separates from watery whey. If the milk doesn't curdle, add more lemon juice.
- Filter the solid using a clean cheese cloth. Grab the ends of the cloth and squeeze out the extra moisture from solid curd.
- Press and Shape the paneer(solid) into rectangular or square block. Place a heavy and flat object on top of the paneer. Allow it to rest for 1.5 to 2 hours. Cut into small cubes or desired shape.
- The liquid separated from Paneer is known as Whey. It can be used while preparing chapati dough.
- Lemon juice can be replaced with Vinegar.
- For Paneer Paratha and Paneer Bhurji, solid block of paneer is not needed. So skip last step of shaping the paneer into solid blocks instead hang the cheese cloth for 30 mins and use it in the recipe.
- Avoid skimmed milk for preparing paneer.