Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Ready In : 30 mins
Yields : 3 servings
Instant Rice sevai (tightly packed)
Ginger and Garlic finely chopped
Green chilly slit lengthwise
(Carrots and Beans)
4 to 5
Coriander Leaves chopped
- Cook instant rice sevai as per instructions given in packet. Over cooking the sevai will make it sticky. Mix 1 tbsp of Oil and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garam masala items and (cloves, cinnamon and cardamom), green chillies, finely chopped ginger, garlic. Fry it till raw smell goes off. Add Onion and fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy. Add veggies of your choice.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder. Also add yogurt, mint leaves and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Switch off the stove. Add lemon juice followed by cooked sevai. Mix well. Add salt if needed.
Biryani Idiyappam | Biryani Sevai
Add vegetables of your choice. Recommended vegetables are carrots, beans, potatoes and green peas.
Adjust chilli powder and green chillies to your taste.