Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Ready In: 45 mins
Yields : 5 Servings
Besan Flour/ Kadalai Maavu
- Add corn flour ,besan flour, sesame seeds, butter, salt, coriander powder, chilli powder and water. Make soft dough (similar to Chappati dough).
- Now put the dough into the murukku press. Use the plate having three circles as shown in picture below.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry. To check whether oil is hot, drop a little dough into oil. If it bubbles up on top, then oil is hot. Carefully press the murukku press on top and drop the dough into the oil .
- Fry by flipping on both sides. The colour of the murukku will change to light golden brown colour. Drain the excess oil by placing it in a paper towel.
Corn flour murukku Recipe | Easy Diwali snacks
- The dough will become dry after some time, so cover dough and prepare murukku immediately.
- Adjust chilli powder to your taste.
- Deep fry the murukku in medium flame.