Crispy Dosas served with coconut chutney and Sambar are my favourite food. My mom is an expert in making crispy dosas and Sambar.
Steps for preparing crispy Dosa:
Dosa batter prepared with right ingredients, ground to soft texture with enough water and proper fermentation plays a key role in making Crispy Dosa. For Dosa batter preparation, Click the link below: http://www.nithyasnalabagam.com/2013/02/how-to-make-idly-dosa-batter.html
Steps for preparing Crispy Dosa:
- Heat dosa tava in medium flame
- Sprinkle water and check whether the dosa tava is hot.
- Take 1/4 Cup of dosa batter in a large spoon and spread evenly starting from center in a continuous spiral motion thinning the edges using bottom of the spoon.(Check picture 3)
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of oil on dosa circumference. (Check picture 6)
- Reduce the flame. Close it with lid.
- when the colour of dosa changes golden in some areas, carefully flip from one end to another using flat ladle.(check picture 10)
- Enjoy crispy dosa.
Video on preparing Crispy Dosa: