My mom prepares this dhal chutney aka paruppu chutney as a side dish to Rice. She prepares dhal chutney along with tomato rasam and shallots poriyal for Lunch. This chutney also goes well with Idly and Dosa. Lets see the steps to make easy, tasty and healthy paruppu chutney
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Ready In: 15 mins
Yields : Side dish for Rice for 2 people
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard, 3 red chillies.When the red chillies turns dark in colour, add chana dhal, urad dhal , garlic cloves and curry leaves and fry it till the chana dhal is turned golden colour.
- Grind the mixture along with coconut , salt and pottukadalai.
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard, red chilly, urad dhal and curry leaves from table 2. When they splutter, add it to the ground mixture.
- Variations can be done by adding coriander leaves before grinding.
- To make Idly and dosa side dish, add more water while grinding.
Paruppu Chutney / dal chutney.